Tuesday 14 June 2016

Another challenge with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (sigh)

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome is such a complicated condition as it potentially affects all the soft tissues in the body. This includes muscle, tendons, joints, organs, skin, eyes, ears, mouth, nose, veins, arteries etc etc. All of this amounts to 90% of the body so it's not surprising that people who suffer from this condition may have dozens of secondary conditions as a result.

I have so far been diagnosed with costochondritis, arthritis, hypothyroidism, hypertension, endometriosis, inflammatory bowel disease (crohns or colitis) recurrent infections; just to name a few!

I suffer from chronic pain in so many parts of my body, it's made day-to-day activities almost impossible. Depending on what day I am having, I can be totally helpless and need my carer with me at all times instead of several times a day.

I generally keep positive but it just seems my list gets longer and longer so today I'm off to the doctors as the pain, discomfort, numbness and lack of dexterity in my hands (mainly my right hand) is becoming a complete hindrance. Also, I don't feel right - my head feels full of cotton wool, I'm dizzy and I just checked my bp on a home kit and it says it's 110/97. Naturally, if this is accurate it needs to be checked. Here is a little video showing how my fingers bend incorrectly.

I'll be back later with an update and hopefully, a solution to share. :)



For more information on Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disabled Cumbrian woman falls victim to £2,000 online van scam | News & Star

Disabled Cumbrian woman falls victim to £2,000 online van scam | News & Star